4.08.2009

concrete-encased swans

last tuesday FM Sedatives debuted concrete-encased swans first on-air broadcast with "wash all the cars" off his first EP, "wash all the cars."

concrete-encased swans is a homegrown noise project consisting of mike bradley of floriduh, his little chinese sister (which he molests on a regular basis for the sake of art), and noisy objects. inspired by the likes of whitehouse, IAMX (totally. ), and gerogerigegege, and such.

i have the pleasure now with providing you all with an EXCLUSIVE online interview between mr. bradley and i, his first ever interview and a step into the publicity world of music.

a new release is coming out titled "scrambled human remains" which cannot be found in stores or through a record company (indie x10101010101) but directly through last.fm or myspace.

http://www.last.fm/music/Concrete-Encased+Swans
http://www.myspace.com/concreteencasedswans

----------------


FM Sedatives: I HEAR STRONG IAMX INFLUENCE IN YER FIRST EP MIKE, IN WHAT WAY DID YOU INCORPORATE THIS INTO YOUR PERFORMANCE?

Concrete-Encased Swans: That's a good question, Lillian. :3 When I was first trying to figure out what makes a good industrial/noise/hipster band, I figured it would be a good idea to wear make-up. So, I looked at some of the greatest industrial musicians of our time, and I instantly thought of IAMX. That guy has some classy make-up, and I knew it would be a good place to start.
Then it dawned on me that I too would look good with heavy eye-liner. It wouldn't make me look gay at all. And on the day before Christmas last year, when I was at my worst, I put on an Iamx record, and thought, "this is it, this is what i want to be". Naturally, I had to go and begin my new album.
I think this new album is going to sound a lot like my break-through album that I referenced the last time I was making a new album.


FMS: I HEAR U HAVE A NEW ALBUM COMING UP, ARE YOU GOING A DIFFERENT DIRECTION? WOULD IT SOUND LIKE [Nine Inch Nails'] THE SLIP?

CES: Well, a lot of people have been asking that, but I think my new album will honestly be an emotional successor to [insert 80s pop album], as well as [insert Queen album]. Of course, it will also be going new places for me. The lyrics are much more personal. For example, in the song "Coughing Up Hairballs" I sing about fucking the corpse of a little Russian girl. I think that gives a good portrait of my soul right now.

FMS: well i heard that you really look up to Animal Collective, you are quoted as saying "if it wasn't for animal collective, i'd still be listening to korn instead of power electronics," explain this please.

CES: Well, I've always said that I would suck Avey Tare's [starts with c, rhymes with glock], because his name is so gay, he must want it. Naturally, that's had a great impact on my music. All I can think of when writing music is how much the idea of his penis.

FMS: The Russians, why do they put ))))))))) after all their posts?

CES: Honestly, I have no idea. [word that starts with f and rhymes with cluck] the Russians. Every [lord's name used in vain] [starts with d, rhymes with ham] one of them.

------------------------

in other news, everyone should check out http://www.tapereelscollective.com/, this collective is backed by some members (all of them, some of them? who? ) of white suns, an incredible noise band from conneticut.

usually when your typical western hemisphere human being thinks of the word "noise" associated with music, they'd imagine a band too untalented to learn how to play their instruments, but quite the opposite is the true for these guys. where do we even start- as i am taking an art theory class right now, its understood that what makes something incredible typically alludes us, well i guess i could put it in context but to say the least, for

tape reels collective make zines and i've recently recieved one which does not consist of your typical newprint left wing rant and punk ep advertisement but a true diy construction of little film slides and pages bound with duct tape, rubber bands, and hot glue and placed into a slip of star consellations and sewing instructions. it might not sound much but this truely made my week. (and i've been having a bad one, don't get me started. :) ) even as a student who is in constant exposure to art and music, this has been one of the most sincere and meaningful forms of art i've encountered this whole year. the written content includes an honest and thoughtful contemplation of art and the diy nature; even just the beautiful language used in this should be able to melt your heart. its honestly a one of a kind piece of work, one that i am very grateful for having despite not asking for.

as mentioned before, white suns will be performing at DNA Test Fest LIES A MISCONCEPTION ON MY BEHALFFFFFFFFFFFFF AGH. at the velvet lounge in DC. allegedly, day II is going to be a total sausage fest with the exception of Drunkdriver's guitarist and me, according to the event coordinator himself. BUT despite your gender, do come down or up to see this. (girls, stop self-segregating11!11!) If you like punk, noise rock, industrial, even power electronics you'd fucking love this.

No comments: